360 Kingstown Road Suite 105 Narragansett, RI
Donald S. Hill, RDMS, RMSKS, APS, RT(R)
Excellence in Ultrasound
1. Abdomen for liver, GB, pancreas: nothing to eat or drink 8
hours prior to the exam. ( you can take medication with sips of
2. Abdomen for spleen kidneys aorta: no preparation.
3. Gynecology (Pelvic) drink 4 - 5 glass of fluid (whatever you
like) 1 hour prior to you scheduled exam. Do not empty your
bladder. A full bladder is required for this test. If you feel you
become too full and cannot hold it, try and let some (not all) out to
be more confortable.
Obstetrics (pregnancy): No preparation.
4. All other exams: no preparation
Musculo-Skeletal Ultrasound is one of the newest appications
in the investigation of disease and injury of joints, tendons,
ligament, muscles and bone. It is emerging as an effective
alternative to costly MRI exams. It is quick, easy, and painless.
There is no pre-authorizations, and usually no co-pays.
Narragansett Radiology offers a wide variety of Ultrasound exams:
1. Abdomen (liver, GB, pancreas, spleen, kidneys, aorta, etc)
2. Small Parts ( thyroid, testicular, hernias, etc)
3. Vascular (Duplex Doppler Carotids, deep leg veins, etc)
4. Breast (cysts, masses, nodes, tumors, implant rupture.etc)
5. Gynecology (vagina, cervix, uterus, ovaries, hysterosonograms)
6. Obstetric (Full evaluation of the pregnancy )
7. Fetal Gender determination (Must be at least 18 wks pregnant)
NEW Musculokeletal Ultrasound
Shoulders, Elbows, Wrists, Hips, Knees, Ankles, Feet
Our Sonographer, Donald Hill, has been performing ultrasound for over 36 years, and is among the
most experienced Ultrasound Practitioners in the country. He was the first registered Breast
Sonographer in Rhode Island, and is 1 of about 150 sonographers worldwide to achieve the status of
Advanced Practice Sonographer (APS). He is currently the only APS in Rhode Island. He was also the
first ultrasound practitioner certified in Nuchal Translucency and Nasal bone evaluation to evaluate
Down Syndrome in the state. He is the author of 14 publication in various national ultrasound journals.
He is currently the only sonographer in Rhode Island certified in Musculo-Skeletal Ultrasound.
Publication by Donald Hill
Simply, The Best.
|New Musculo-Skeletal Ultrasound
Shoulder Elbow wrist
Hip Knee Ankle Foot